Monday morning, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
From the absolute beginners to experienced artists!
Instructor: Sharlena Wood
Drawing Class Toronto Fall session: from October 22nd to December 10th, 2018
Fee: $255 for 8 weeks, please bring your own materials (see list below)
To register, contact us 416-461-7936 or email@example.com or Sharlena firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn how to create a realistic and dramatic drawing and build confidence in your drawing skills. Through observation, memory, and imagination, we explore various drawing techniques, different and fun drawing materials, how to create a dramatic composition, mark making, 3D shading, referencing images and colour. Sharlena’s class will give you the understanding of essential tools to develop your creative ideas in an inspiring, nurturing environment. This drawing class is for all levels and ages of artists.
MATERIALS LIST 2018
If you are unsure about what materials to buy, please bring a sketchbook and charcoal pencil to the first class. Luc Sculpture Studios also has some in-house supplies such as paper, pencils and erasers that are available for us to use in class.
- Sketch Book, coil bound. My suggestion is either Canson XL Mixed Media (Blue Cover) or Robert Bateman Sketchbook as the paper has a good ‘tooth’ that is excellent for many techniques and results.
- 1-2 single sheets of a mid-tone pastel paper ie. Mi-Teintes 9”x12” grey of your choice.
- General’s Charcoal Pencil 6B
- General’s White Charcoal Pencil
- 2 x Fineliner Markers, black (one fine tip, one brush tip)
- soft lead pencil sharpener
- x-acto knife
- white plastic eraser
- kneadable eraser
- 3 Inexpensive stiff hog bristle brushes (small, medium, large)
- Mechanical Pencil with HB or 2B lead
- Wolff’s Carbon Pencil 4B
- erasing shield
- low tack painter’s tape
- Generals Charcoal Powder
Bio: Creator of Shared Palette Interactive Art, Sharlena Wood is a versatile artist best known for her vast mixed media expertise and infectious enthusiasm. Creative endeavours include work with Curry’s Art Store, Tri-Art Mfg, and worldwide with Craftsy Sympoz Inc. online classes. Sharlena continues to share her passion through collaborative art, instruction, demonstrations, commissions, body art and framing at Still Images in Toronto east Beaches. Her joy for sharing knowledge combined with her cheerful and upbeat attitude inspires fearless exploration and creation – the perfect recipe for building confidence, discovering unique gifts and ultimate creative potential. www.SharlenaWood.com