After School Theatre Class
Imagine If Theatre (Monday, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm), age group: 5 to 10 years old
Instructor: Sara Escott
In this class, children will participate in art, creative movement, improvisation, character play and storytelling, in addition to mindfulness meditation and movement activities. They will learn about themselves, each other and the world around them. Through collaborative creative play, kids will have fun while building communication skills, self-esteem, and greater social awareness.
These classes are placed to build confidence and social skills through theatre and collaborative play, and great for shy kids to safely come out of their shells, for energetic kids to focus creatively, and for everyone to imagine together.
Mondays, 4:00-5:30 pm:
- Fall session 1: September 10 to October 29 (off on Thanksgiving, Oct.8, also Luc will cover on Sept. 20th) – 7 weeks for $175 + HST
- Fall session 2: November 5 to December 17 – 7 weeks for $175 + HST
- Winter session: January 14 to March 4 (off on Family Day, Feb.18) – 7 weeks for $175 + HST
- Spring session: March 18 to April 29 (off on Easter weekend, Apr.20, 21, and 22) – 6 weeks for $150 + HST
- Summer session: May 6 to June 17 (off on Victoria day, May 20) – 6 weeks for $150 + HST
Drop in / try out session is by pay-what-you-can base (regular price is $25). Class space is limited to 10 kids.
Sara Escott Bio:
Sara Escott is the co-founder and co-artistic director of In Forma Theatre. She has over 20 years of experience as a theatre director, facilitator, and educator. In her work, she uses mindfulness, movement and a wide range of theatrical techniques.
Sara directs and facilitates community-based theatre projects, and offers children’s programs in schools and community settings. She facilitates mindfulness programs to adults, youth and children. Sara has a Masters in Adult Education and Community Development (OISE/UT) with a focus on using theatre for peacebuilding, community building and collective change, and an Honours B.F.A. in Theatre Directing (York University). Sara is a qualified Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Instructor (University of Toronto and The Centre for Mindfulness Studies) and is a certificated SMART Education (Stress Management and Resilience Techniques) Instructor (University of British Columbia and Mindfulness Everyday). www.iftheatre.org